Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Reggie update

The past few nights have been horrible. I think we are being tested on parenthood by only getting 2-3 hours of sleep and not knowing how to help this lil boy in pain. He cried continuously. We try to cuddle with him, pet him but nothing seems to help him.
I took him back Friday morning to the doctor and told him that he was continuously crying and he said sometimes their leg is swells after they put the cast on and it gets too tight for them causing pain. They took off his cast and gave him a larger one that happens to be green and say ‘I Love U’ in pink on it. He is his mother’s child, Delta Zeta colors! He told me I can up his pain dosage and that he might just be wimpy, he is still a puppy.

We left and he was drugged and sleepy. I thought things were going great until 30 minutes later when he woke up and continuously started crying again. It is crazy that he is in this much pain and nothing is helping him.
Fast forward a couple of days and we have had some sleepless nights. He is on 24 hour care and seems to be worse during the evening time. He is getting used to his ‘peg leg’ which is great since my back was starting to hurt picking him up 20+ times a day. We go back on Wednesday for a check-up and hopefully by then he will be feeling much better.
We are praying for some type of comfort for him quickly.
I have captured every moment of this accident (besides the fall):

1 comment: