Our Family

Our Family

Monday, January 24, 2011

Carter's Baby Shower - 1/22/11

This past weekend some of my best friends threw Carter his 1st baby shower! It was so wonderful to see some of my friends and family travel so far to come to celebrate our little man! I was and still am overwhelmed with the number of people who love, support and care for us. I wish I could have spent more time with each person but when you attend a shower these ‘hostess’ put you on a schedule…greet, talk, start the serving line, talk, take pictures, talk, open gifts, talk, take pictures and thank everyone for coming.

Deidra graciously opened her home and the hostess decorated it beautifully with pictures that Deanna (deannaaddison.com) developed from my maternity session, gorgeous flower arrangements (Flower Shoppe in Katy, TX) – my florist from my wedding, a delicious chocolate with peanut butter mouse (Cake Affairs in Houston, TX) – same flavor grooms cake from my wedding, yummy food made by all my hostess and other friends, a baby shower fingerprint tree (etsy.com – lovliday) – which will be framed in Carter’s room, cute cookies with scriptures on them (Psalms 7:8, I Samuel 1:2) for each guest and a note card section for each guest to write a note to Carter for him to read on his 18th birthday!

Here are some photos of how blessed Cory, Carter and I really are:











1 comment: