Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Blake's Surgery

So it has been a while since I blogged, clearly I’m a new mom who can’t multi-task, but I knew I needed to find the time to post this blog about ‘Big Boy’ Blake’s surgery.

Blake was born with a Congenital Heart Defect called Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) which requires a series of 3 separate open-heart surgeries over the first 3-5 years of life. Blake has already completed the first 2 like a champ and we truly think that each of your prayers contributed tremendously to that. He will go for his final surgery (Fontan Procedure) tomorrow at Texas Children’s Hospital. The recovery period can be from 2-6 weeks. Keeping a 3-year old in the same room, same bed, with no activity and a controlled diet will be tough which is why I’m asking for your prayers.

Please join us in lifting Blake, the doctors (Dr. Frazier), nurses and the family up in prayer throughout the next few weeks. Bryan and Tiffany will be providing updates during this time through their family blog, http://lifewiththegalligans.blogspot.com. In advance thank you all for your prayers and support as Blake conquers his final surgery. As my Blakey says, ‘To Infinity and Beyond!’

Two of my kids

Blakey LOVES his baby Carter

'I want to hold baby Carter'

No comments:

Post a Comment