Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Buddy became and an angel today.

This morning our boy went to live a peaceful, pain-free, beautiful life. The past few days he was back to his old self, so full of love and energy. I got home at 5 and he was growling and running at me with so much joy. I was with him until 8 and left to go help a friend move and he seemed sad when I left.

Cory got home around 9 and said Buddy greeted him w/ his head down and very sad. He called me around 10:30 and told me it was time, he isn’t doing well, he was sleeping on the bed and completely out of it. Cory didn’t think he'd get up when I came in and he slowly came to greet me w/ his head down and shaking. He gave me kisses and Cory took him back to the bed. After that point he was pretty much out of it.

We took him this morning to the doctors and he had gained weight which was caused by all the fluid he was retaining (especially in his neck area), the doctor was surprised he was still eating or was able to eat since he was so swollen. We gave him about 10 treats while at the doctors and he loved them!

Letting a family member go is one of the hardest obstacles to go through and we thank the Lord for supplying us with the signs to know when it was time so our boy wasn’t suffering. We thank Him for listening to all of you who have been praying for Buddy and us and we thank Him for His comfort and strength through this and in the days to come.

We will forever remember you and love you Buddy. You and Niner will always be in our hearts and we will see each other again.

HEAVEN'S DOGGY-DOOR
My best friend closed his eyes last
night, As his head was in my hand.
The Doctors said he was in pain,
And it was hard for him to stand.
The thoughts that scurried through
my head, As I cradled him in my arms.
Were of his younger, puppy years,
And OH...his many charms.
Today, there was no gentle nudge
With an intense "I love you gaze",
Only a heart thats filled with tears
Remembering our joy filled days.
But an Angel just appeared to me,
And he said, "You should cry no more,
GOD also loves our canine friends,
HE's installed a 'doggy-door"!
--- Jan Cooper --- 1995

5 comments:

  1. That was a beautiful post. I really loved the poem at the end. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry Mitz. I know how hard all of this in on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this in a meeting and had to leave the room for a minute. Really great post. Praying for you guys to get through this. We went through it last year so I know how hard it is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry about Buddy...I know it is hard!! Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Buddy looked so good on Sunday. I can't believe it happened so fast. I only knew him for a few years,but became a member of the family and was loved. I can picture him & Niner running in a field. My heart goes out to both of you.

    ReplyDelete