Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Cinderella paid a visit

I was helping my friend move a week ago and saw she was giving away a Cinderella dress/costume to Goodwill. The selfish side of me took the dress so I could have it to surprise my little niece and nephew that weekend since they were coming in town and Mimi and I were taking them to see Disney on Ice! That Saturday morning I transformed into a beautiful princess, Cinderella. I was on my way to my parents house and called to let them know I was about to be there. Ding dong...It’s Cinderella!





Mason was so shy and I wasn’t sure if she knew it was me or not, but surely she would have said, ‘hi auntie’ if she did. She gave Cinderella a hug and ran to put on her Cinderella dress. After showing me a couple of her twirls in her beautiful dress we posed for a couple of pictures. However, she wouldn’t look at the camera, she kept starring at me and I for sure she knew it was me, but nope. Mimi told her to give Cinderella a kiss…how many of you moms/grandmas would tell their child to kiss a stranger?? Mimi you are funny!







I told her I would see her at the show and to be good because I would be watching her. She gave me a big hug and I left. She told Mimi she wanted to see what I rode off in and she opened the door and Cinderella was gone!

I changed in the garage (classy) and came in the house a few minutes later where Mason told me all about her Cinderella visit! I asked Mason what color hair did Cinderella have and she said yellow. I said oh she had blonde hair, no she had yellow. Clearly my wig wasn’t very good! PawPaw asked her which Cinderella was prettier, the real one or the one in the movie and she said the real one. PawPaw thought that was debatable! After the MS150, Bry and Tiff got the kids and Mason wouldn’t stop talking about Cinderella. My lovely brother asked her ‘did she have a big butt’ and Mason said ‘no daddy, she was beautiful!’

The things we do for our precious kiddos. Knowing she enjoyed her visit that much and has lasting memories was worth it all.

A side note: If any of you want to borrow it just let me know! If any of you need buzz, I’m nominating my hubby!


2 comments:

  1. Love the Cinderella costume. I didn't realize you had a blog until today. I'm so sorry about Buddy. It's so hard to lose a pet. :(

    ReplyDelete